Publication Policy and Agreement
Instructions to the Authors
All authors are responsible for the entire research work presented for publishing. Authors will be solely and completely responsible for the content of the work and must ensure that the work is not illegal, unlawful, or plagiarized. Authors must ensure that the presented manuscript does not contain any objectionable content. Our Editorial team will ensure the quality of the research work keeping in mind our Brand value in terms of grammar or spelling errors. To ensure and maintain our brand name and its quality, some editing might be made in the sentence(s) without changing its original meaning. IJELLH (SMART MOVES Publisher IJELLH) is not liable to any third party or other person or entity for the work regardless of the fact that IJELLH had any knowledge or could have reasonably known of any illegal, unlawful, or objectionable content in the work. You also agree to indemnify [compensate for harm or loss] IJELLH (SMART MOVES Publisher of IJELLH) in case of any legal proceedings with the third party regarding copyright infringement or action on grounds of illegality as mentioned.
The research paper presented for publication must be original and unique, and the same research should not be submitted to more than one publisher as it represents an unethical behavior of an author. A proper and appropriate citation or reference must be made on citing the works of others. The reported scope of work should be based on a proper citation from the other publications.
All listed authors must acknowledge the contributions made in the research presented and approve all its claims. It is important to list everyone who made a substantial effort in completing the work, including students or laboratory technicians.
With the submission of the research work, the writer must agree to the terms that neither the work is under consideration nor published in any other journal.
This is a publication agreement regarding a written research article which is submitted for publication in our journal. There will be two parties, author and the publisher.
As an author or co-author, you agree to the journal’s terms and condition either by clicking on agree or accept where you are given the option to do so. If you don’t accept our publication agreement, as a publisher/journal, we would not be able to publish the submitted article. By agreeing to the terms and condition, you accept that you will be solely responsible for any conflict of interest, unlawful deeds or statement, plagiarism, or copyright issue (if it arises).
Declaration of Interest
The author declares that he/she has no contending financial, non-financial or other methods of acquiring remuneration or profitable interest in any way, or any subjective relationship that could directly or indirectly affect, encourage or influence the described work through the research paper.
Use of Inclusive Language
Language of the article must be clear and free of any discriminatory remarks. The used words, phrases and language must not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, race, culture or any such words which exclude person or group of people. Language inclusion means writing should be free from any bias comments or bias reference. For example one may use humankind instead of mankind, or use cleaner in place of cleaning boy or girl, business executive or entrepreneur in place of businessman.
Instructions to the Reviewers
IJELLH has assigned some responsibilities to its Reviewers, please find below responsibility of Reviewers- Confidentiality: Reviewers should not share, examine with outsiders without the prior permission from the editor, or uphold the information from an assigned manuscript.
Competence: Reviewer with their expertise should complete the review. The reviewer with inadequate expertise should feel responsible and can refuse the review as it is presumed that reviewers will be an expert in respective areas.
Productive Assessment: Reviewer’s comments should appreciate the positive aspects of the work, identify the negative aspects constructively, and indicate the enhancement needed. A reviewer should explain and hold his or her judgment clearly enough that editors and authors can understand the basis of the comments. The reviewer should ensure that an observation or argument that has been previously reported be accompanied by a relevant citation and should immediately alert the editor when he or she becomes aware of duplicate publication. A reviewer should not use any kind of abusive language while commenting on an article.
Impartiality and Integrity: Reviewer’s decision should only depend on scientific merit, relevance to the subject, the scope of the journal rather than financial, racial, ethnic origin etc., of the authors.
Disclosure of Conflict of Interest: To the extent feasible, the reviewer should minimize the conflict of interest. In such a situation, the reviewer should notify the editor describing the conflict of interest. Sources of economical or financial support for the project must be revealed to avoid any kind of conflict of interest or pressure involved like financial or grant of any source. Any possibility of conflict arising in the form of personal, commercial, professional, political, or intellectual hidden or open must be disclosed.
Timeliness and Responsiveness: Reviewers should morally abide to provide the review comments within the stipulated time and be active enough in responding to the questions raised by the editor if any.
Responsibilities of Editors and Editorial Board:
IJELLH editors are responsible to assert the wholeness of the Journal by corrections identifying anything of meaning and looks of concern as early as possible. It will be the editors’ responsibility to ensure the quality of the paper. They will review, evaluate and prevaricate if the paper will be accepted or rejected. In the process, they must act neutrally in no external or internal pressure of any kind like economical, non-economical, political or religious in accepting or rejecting a manuscript. The decision should solely be on merit, quality, and uniqueness.
Review Process: Editors are responsible for monitoring and ensuring the impartiality, correctness, thoroughness, and respect of the peer-review editorial process.
- Towards Readers and Research community.
- To ensure that the content or the author information present in the manuscript is readable.
- To evaluate all manuscripts such that they fall within the scope of the IJELLH.
- Keep the journals internal integrity by recommending the corrections, dealing with retraction, supplemental data etc.
- Decision Making: Editor is entitled to carry out decision-making in consultation with reviewers or members of the editorial board.
- Impartiality: An Editor should evaluate manuscripts without any prejudice towards cast, creed, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, nationality, or political viewpoint of the authors.
- Privacy: The Editor or any Editorial staff must not reveal any data about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate depending on the need and stage of processing.
- Conduct Double-blind review process (reviewers of the research work won’t get to know the identity of the author(s) and the author(s) won’t get to know the identity of the reviewer).
- Adhere to the guidelines and procedure laid down by the IJELLH.
- Make recommendations for improving the evaluation and dissemination of the manuscript of the journal.
Responsibilities of a Publisher
A publisher is accountable and responsible to work freely with no pressure of any kind. While accepting or rejecting a manuscript publisher must take unbiased decisions. External forces like caste, religion, or financial forces must not affect its thoughtful decisions. The publisher must ensure the smooth and free-flow working environment. Financial supporters and funding organization must not affect its internal decision-making body. As a publisher, IJELLH (Smart Moves Publication) is responsible to provide high-quality research materials or articles to all its users.
Open Access Policy
In the digital and internet age, everybody looks for materials which are widely available without any restriction or charge. Open Access is a policy which provides the full rights to the users to access and use the research work free of cost. IJELLH follows the same policy and provides complete access to its published material. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access. Authors, researchers, or scholars are permitted to scroll through our published research work database and use them for scholarly purposes as a reference for their research purpose.
What is plagiarism?
- The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th Ed.) defines plagiarism as “A piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work.”
- The American Heritage Dictionary (2nd College Ed.) defines plagiarize as “to take and use as one’s own the writings or ideas of another.”
- IJELLH considers plagiarism as the re-use of someone else’s research work or ideas or words without acknowledging the original author and source.
What Constitutes Plagiarism?
- Handing in someone else’s work as your own.
- Putting your name on another person’s research work.
- Copying words and ideas from somewhere else without giving the citation.
- Failing to put a quote in quotation marks.
- Giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation.
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving the citation.
- IJELLHconsiders plagiarism as the re-use of someone else’s research work or ideas or words without acknowledging the original author and source. It is important for all IJELLH authors to recognise that plagiarism in any form, at any level, is not accepted and we will consider it as a breach of educational ethics.
- IJELLH will not accept any research paper which contains plagiarized, copied, or pirated material. The research work will be rejected and returned for review.
- Plagiarism Before Publication: The IJELLH will evaluate plagiarism on its own merits. If plagiarism is found even after publication, we will have all the rights to delete or remove the manuscript from the issue.
By submitting the paper for publication at IJELLH:
All authors will certify that:
- They are fully aware that plagiarism is illegal & ethically wrong. Authors must be aware of the fact that plagiarism is the use of another person’s intellectual property, idea, work, or published work and pretending it is one’s own work.
- They declare that each contribution to their article or project has been acknowledged and source of information from other peoples’ published or unpublished works have been cited reference.
- They certify that they are solely responsible for the text of the article and research work included in the article along with any incomplete reference.
What is Copyright?
Copyright is a legal law which gives the rights to its original owners, publishers or creators to protect their intellectual property against the unauthorized use of their creative work. It also prohibits the misuse of the original work in the form of the reprint, publish, or record their material without the permission of its original creators.
Copyright at IJELLH
IJOHMN follows an Open Journal Access policy. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. An author allows IJOHMN, as the publisher and the owner of the journal for further printing, copying, digital publishing, promotion in social media and other platforms of their research paper. It allows its readers to access the research reports and articles totally free of cost. Authors are permitted to read and download the papers free of charge for academic or scholarly purposes. IJOHMN grants some rights to take an article or a part of an article with proper recognition or work citation of original authors. IJOHMN publishes authors’ research work and articles with the mutual agreement on the reuse of materials but with complete accreditation and permission of the original authors. Copying, printing or referencing of an article or a part of the article is allowed only for the non-commercial purposes and all rights will remain with the original authors. Authors are permitted to post their work in institutional repositories, social media or related websites. If at any given point in time, a dispute, objection or concern is raised, then the copied part will be removed from the borrowers work.
As we ethically and legally support plagiarism free material or article, we are equally concerned about the quality of the images. We do encourage our authors to use original images with full copyright holdings. If you do not want to spend money on images, then use royalty-free images. The images should always be original, alteration free and free of any kindly software manipulation. All the materials (content, images, data, and tables) used in the article must be plagiarism free and should also be free of any copyright issues. We strictly advise our authors and readers to avoid using any kind of infringing material, which may create a legal issue later on.
Copyright issues can only be raised if the images are already copyrighted. As a publishing house, we have a policy not to use the copyrighted content without the owner's permission. We suggest our authors to search and download images from the following below sites. They have millions of copyright-free images which you can use. You can even use images from Wikipedia if necessary.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
IJELLH strictly complies with the moral justice and moral philosophy and would likewise direct a lawful audit if required on a case by case base. The journal guarantees reproducing or promoting does not impact the decision of the editors. The Editorial Board of the title permits you to speak with different publishers, journal and authors on solicitation for the association.
Guidelines for Withdrawal of Articles:
IJELLH has deep concerns to maintain the integrity and entirety of the research work for entire educational fraternity very sincerely. The journal places great importance on the authority of research work after they have been published. IJELLH Editor in Chief has all the authority for deciding which research work shall be published. In making this decision, the Editor in Chief is guided by the policies of the IJELLH’s Editorial board and constrained by some legal requirements regarding copyright violation and plagiarism. Articles which have been published shall remain present, exact and unchanged as far as possible. However, due to unavoidable circumstances may happen where after the publication of research work requires retraction or even removal from a particular journal.
Above can only occur under these circumstances, such as Article Retraction. This is only used for “Article in Press” which represents the early versions of the articles. If any article at the stage of “Article in Press”, by any means, represents infringements of professional ethical codes, such as multiple submissions, bogus claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data or similar incidences, the article may be withdrawn depending on the Editor’s discretion.
Article Retraction: Infringements of professional ethical codes, such as multiple submissions, sham claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data and similar claims will lead to the retraction of an article. Occasionally, a retraction will be used to correct errors in submission or publication.
Article Removal: Subject to legal limitations of the publisher.
Article Replacement: Identification of false or inaccurate data that, if acted upon, would pose a serious health risk and any fraud associated with science should be treated with equal strictness. Maintain the integrity of the academic record Encouraging academic integrity Consider appointing a journal ethics panel to advice on specific cases and review journal policies periodically.
Ensuring the integrity of the academic record: Ensure that published research work is firmly archived. Have systems in place to give authors the opportunity to make original research articles freely available.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- To refund your amount, you have to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, the reason with your paper details along with the scan copy of the deposit receipt. Our expert team will review your details and refund the amount in working 10‑15 days. (Note: Once your paper published in IJELLH, you can ask us only to refund the amount of Hardcopy's if you paid so and your hardcopy is not delivered to your postal address in 60 days. We do not refund the amount of online publication.
- For cancellation, you have to email us at email@example.com, The reason to abort the paper for publication with the paper details. Our team will review your details and provide you with a cancellation email. (Note: Once your paper is published in IJELLH, We do not cancel or unpublish the research paper from IJELLH).
Print Copy Dispatch Policy
- The author will send his/her address along with pin code. The author will also send his/her mobile no and an alternate number where the courier is going to be shipped.
- We dispatch the hard copy of journal and certificates in 35-45 working days. Once we dispatch the hard copy, we will mail you its tracking details. At present, we send the hard copy of journal and certificates in India through DTDC Courier or Indian Post and overseas we send it by Indian Post.
- If the author prefers some specific courier service other than above two, we might send it but the author has to bear the extra cost for the preferred courier service.
- Please inform us if you have not received your hardcopy in 7 days after receiving tracking or dispatch email from us. IJELLH will not take any responsibility if you do not inform us in 7 days.
- IJELLH ((International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities) will not take any responsibility or financial liability for the below reasons.
- Reason: Addressee cannot be located.
- Reason: Item refused by the addressee.
- Reason: Addressee not available.
- Reason: Mobile/Phone no provided is wrong or not picked up or not responded.
- Due to the above reasons, if shipment revert back to us and the author wants to print copy he/she has to bear financial liability (courier charges).
Allegation of Misconduct and Conflict of Interest Policy:
IJELLH rigorous in following its ethical bonds and publication regulations to maintain neutral and unswayed actions. By adopting a zero tolerance policy on publication misconduct, we promise to protect the rights of intellectual property. Journal publication misconduct comprises plagiarism, misrepresentation of authorship but not limited to these. Broadly, IJELLH tries to keep misconduct of any kind at bay and does not support unethical or unlawful deeds.
If there is any kind of allegation of misconduct or conflict of interest like personal or professional, economical or non-economical, political or religious among authors, reviewers, editors, journals or publishers, in that case:
- Concern or Issue can be raised or brought to the notice immediately in a written form to the publisher/editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Concern or Issue will be taken seriously and required action will be taken against the complaint (if any).
- Our team of intellectuals will review the case and its detail. An unbiased decision or action will be taken based on the final report.
- Serious action will be taken like withdrawal or removal of the paper from publication (if published).
- Unless there is any issue of plagiarism, misconduct or conflict of interest, the published paper will not be removed.
- If you have any complaint or appeal to make about the journal, please address the mail to the editor and explain clearly the basis for an appeal. Submit an appeal letter to email@example.com.